Monday 11 May 2009

MONDAY MAGIC



Today was just magic! Yep, a real special May day - which we all enjoyed to the full.

Today was warm and sunny and beautiful from the word "go". After greeting friends Bonny and Clyde of course, who were waiting to greet me, and a walk in the nearest field, I took Sue along the garden and round to my favourite place -



The Pond - where I lay down for a cool rest. Lovely.


After that we got our things together, binoculars, cameras - and books - what a palava these humans cause...

Anyway, it was worthwhile, cos me and Bonny snuggled up and had a bit of a kiss, and Clyde lay in the shade grinning with one eye open.

Bonny fell asleep in the sun and after had to have a BIG DRINK of water!! Course I had to follow her and so Sue just checked my directions as she did not want me wandering round the house from where the bowl is and falling in the pond - the edge is hidden nearby..


Dusty came and joined us all on the patio and a bit later Sue said she would go and get us a cup of tea - I insisted on going with her to ensure she did not take too long 'cos you know what these women are like when they get phaffing !!!

Anyhow all was well and we trundled back out shortly with tea, bix and a rug for me on the gravel. I shunned that as a red blooded Yorkshire dog, and lay out on the grass instead.

Later on when our friend Dick went into the main house he let Truffle out -who is a cat ! Now in our house we have always successfully had dogs and cats living harmoniously together - but as I was a 'rescue' dog I cannot explain to them why I don't understand cats - our last cat was very tolerant of my barking at her and took no notice.

Anyway, I digress, I thought Truffles should know I am not keen on cats so I shouted this at him. Believe it or not - he took no notice either!!!!! Honestly - how embarrassing that was

Hey ho - still a lovely lazy day full of birdsong, a hare in the fields, geese shouting, etc.

May Blossom...


Lovely !

No comments:

Post a Comment